24-MONTH MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY – NINTENDO HARDWARE
This warranty covers Nintendo consoles, including the original built-in software included with the respective Nintendo consoles at the time of purchase (the “Nintendo Operating Software”) and any controllers included within the console packaging (the “Nintendo Controllers”). In this warranty, the Nintendo console, the Nintendo Operating Software and the Nintendo Controllers are referred to together as the “Product”.
Subject to the terms and exclusions below, CD Media S.E., no 32, Kifisias Avenue, 15125 Marousi, Athens, Greece (“CD Media”) warrants to the original consumer purchasing the Product in any country of the European Economic Area or Switzerland (“you”) that, for a period of 24 months from the date of the purchase of the Product by you, the Product will be free from defects in materials and workmanship.
This warranty does not cover:
- software (other than the Nintendo Operating Software) or games (whether included with the Product at the time of purchase or not);
- accessories, peripherals or other items that are intended for use with the Product but are not manufactured by or for Nintendo (whether included with the Product at the time of purchase or not);
- the Product if it has been resold, or used for rental or commercial purposes;
- defects in the Product that are caused by accidental damage, your and/or any third party's negligence, unreasonable use, modification, use with products not supplied, licensed or authorised for use with the Product by Nintendo (including, but not limited to, non-licensed game enhancements, copier devices, adapters, power supplies or non-licensed accessories), computer viruses or connecting to the internet or other forms of electronic communication, use of the Product otherwise than in accordance with the respective instructions, or any other cause unrelated to defects in material and workmanship;
- defects in the Product that are caused by the use of faulty, damaged or leaking batteries or battery packs, or any other use of batteries or battery packs not in accordance with the respective instructions;
- gradual decrease over time in the capacity and performance of batteries and battery packs for the Product (which, for the avoidance of doubt, will not be deemed to be a defect in material or workmanship of the Product);
- the Product if it has been opened, modified or repaired by any person or company other than Nintendo or its authorised partners, or if the Product has its serial number altered, defaced or removed;
- loss of any data that has been loaded onto or stored on the Product by any person or company other than Nintendo or its authorised partners;
- loss of data or any other content, such as software, as a result of formatting the memory of the Product (or the SD card/microSD card or any other external storage device being used with the Product); or
- loss of data or any other content as a result of deleting a Nintendo Network ID registered or linked to the Product.
HOW TO MAKE A CLAIM
To make a valid claim under this warranty, you must:
- notify CD Media S.E. - Nintendo Customer Support of the defect in the Product within 24 months of the date of the purchase of the Product by you, and
- return the Product to CD Media S.E. - Nintendo Customer Support within 30 days of notifying them of that defect.
For this purpose please contact CD Media S.E. - Nintendo Customer Support.
Before sending the Product to CD Media S.E. - Nintendo Customer Support, you should remove or delete any private or confidential files or data.
By sending the Product to CD Media S.E. - Nintendo Customer Support you accept and agree that CD Media S.E. - Nintendo Customer Support will not be responsible for any loss, deletion or corruption of your files or data that has not been deleted or removed. Nintendo strongly recommends that you make a backup copy of any data that you do not remove or delete. Please note that, depending on the type of repair, data or other content stored in the memory of the Product may be deleted, and you may not be able to read data or other content saved to your SD card/microSD card or to any other external storage device, or import it back onto the Product following such repair.
When sending the Product to CD Media S.E. - Nintendo Customer Support, please:
- use the original packaging where possible;
- provide a description of the defect;
- attach a copy of your proof of purchase, which indicates the date of purchase of the Product.
- Please include the unique code that the CD Media S.E. - Nintendo Service Center provided you during your initial communication, on any documentation/packaging you send.This code is the identification number of your case with CD Media S.E. - Nintendo Customer Service and must be mentioned it in all your communications with the CD Media S.E. - Nintendo Service Center. WE INFORM YOU THAT ANY PACKAGE SHIPPED TO THE CD MEDIA S.E. - NINTENDO SERVICE CENTER WITHOUT THE UNIQUE CODE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AND IT WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY RETURN TO THE SENDER.
- Make sure that CD Media S.E. - Nintendo Customer Support received the Product within 30 days of notifying them of the defect.
If, having inspected the Product, CD Media S.E. - Nintendo Customer Support accepts that the Product is defective, they will (at their sole discretion) either repair or replace the part causing the defect, or replace the relevant element of the Product without charge.
If the above 24-month warranty period has expired at the time the defect is notified to CD Media S.E. - Nintendo Customer Support or if the defect is not covered by this warranty, CD Media S.E. - Nintendo Customer Support may still be prepared to repair or replace the part causing the defect or replace the relevant element of the Product (at its sole discretion). For further information or, in particular, details of any charges for such services, please contact CD Media S.E. - Nintendo Customer Support.
This manufacturer's warranty does not affect any statutory rights which you may have under consumer protection legislation as the purchaser of goods. The benefits described here are in addition to those rights.
Policy concerning Minimum Appraisal Charges.
In case the warranty does not apply for the product (either due to termination of the warranty period or due to any reason rendering the warranty claim invalid as detailed herein under the “Manufacturer’s Warranty Exclusions - Nintendo Hardware” Section, such as inappropriate use), I hereby agree to the additional Appraisal Fee for out-of Warranty Repairs. The fee is set at 20 EURO, regardless of product type, as specified by CD Media S.E-Nintendo Consumer Support Department (Greece and Balkans)