Battery removal for Nintendo 2DS system
Step-by-step instructions for removing the battery.
For information on disposing of the battery, contact your local solid waste authority.
- This system uses a lithium-ion battery.
- A size #00 crosshead screwdriver will be required to remove the battery.
Removing the battery
- Hold the POWER Button down until the system turns off.
- Remove any Game Cards from the system.
- Loosen the two crosshead screws on the battery cover with a screwdriver.
- Gently pry on the small slot at the top of the Nintendo 2DS system and remove the battery cover as shown in the image.
- Remove the battery pack from the system.
Disposing of used batteries
- Completely cover the positive and negative ends of the battery with tape.
- Do not remove the label.
- Do not break or try to disassemble the battery.
- This product uses a lithium-ion battery. Lithium-ion batteries contain precious resources.
- Please bring used batteries to the nearest recycling centre.