Battery removal for New Nintendo 3DS XL
Step-by-step instructions for removing the battery.
For information on disposing of the battery, contact your local solid waste authority.
- This system uses a lithium-ion battery.
- A size #0 crosshead screwdriver will be required to remove the battery.
Removing the battery
- Hold the POWER Button down until the system turns off.
- Remove any Game Cards from the system.
- Turn the two crosshead screws on the bottom of the system counterclockwise to remove the battery cover.
- To remove the battery cover, lift it up slightly and slide it away from the bottom of the system. There are two tabs on the underside of cover. Please make sure the tabs do not catch on anything when removing the battery cover, as this may result in damage to the cover.
- Remove the battery pack from the system.
Disposing of used batteries
- Completely cover the positive and negative ends of the battery with tape.
- Do not remove the label.
- Do not break or try to disassemble the battery.
- This product uses a lithium-ion battery. Lithium-ion batteries contain precious resources.
- Please bring used batteries to the nearest recycling centre.